Jakiś dobry slogan albo coś innego!

piątek, 17 października 2008

Co to jest ?

Tell us a little bit about yourself. What does Glitschka studios specialize in?

Creative ideas. That may seem like a condensed response but it’s true. People hire me for my ability to take their project and execute a well crafted idea. Most of these ideas are carried out through what I call illustrative design. Leveraging illustration through a design context.
Tell us about your first experiences with Illustrator. What version/features were you using?

I once was a diehard FreeHand user. I used FreeHand from version 2 until version 11a, which was a beta never released to the public. I’ve dabbled with Illustrator since version 5 but used to only use it to open files, save files or check color – which ironically enough FreeHand sucked at.

Back in 1997 I worked for Upper Deck Company in California. Our art department had around 25 designers all using Illustrator and I was the sole FreeHand user. It worked fine, there were never any issues and I could do way more than the Illustrator users at that time. I continued to use FreeHand as my core drawing application and augmented it with Illustrator whenever I needed too.

When Adobe bought Macromedia in 2005 I saw the writing on the wall. I held out for almost a year and then a Portland ad agency hired me to create a poster to promote Creative Suite 2 (CS2). They assumed I used Illustrator, and I didn’t tell them I didn’t and forced myself to learn it in about a week. (More about this story here.)

So from late 2005 until now I’ve been using Illustrator as my primary weapon of mass creation. The first year was frustrating, losing features I had grown to love. But in all honesty I can say now I wouldn’t want to go back. (More about my switch here.)

I currently use Illustrator CS4. I don’t get into tools like the Blob Brush, it just doesn’t fit my personal creative process. But I really love the blend modes. Being able to layer colors to achieve a rich detail is something I could never do in my old app. The simple fact is Illustrator facilitates and brings to life my artistic passions.

Brak komentarzy: